Introduction: In this blog, we will understand how to configure subgrid on basic(entity) forms in the PowerApps portal.
Steps to be followed:
- Add Sub grid on the form.(The form which you are using in the PowerApps portal)
- Open the basic(entity) form on which you want to add the sub-grid. (Edit or Read-only forms)
- Go to Basic Form Metadata and click on “+New Basic Form Metadata”.
- Enter details.
- Select Type as “Subgrid”
- Select the subgrid which you want to display.
- To create a new record from the subgrid select “+Create” from View Actions.
- Target Type: Select a Webpage or Basic form based on your requirement. (if you want to open a new page for creating record then select webpage or if you want to open a modal window to create a new record then select basic form)
- Redirect to Webpage: if you select Webpage as target type then this option will be visible you can select the webpage where you want to redirect to the user for creating new records.
- Basic Form: if you select the basic form as the target type then this option will be visible and you can select the basic form which will get open while creating a new record.
- To View, Edit, and delete the records from the sub-grid select “+Details“, “+Edit” and “+Delete” from Item Actions respectively.
- Select the Target Type and basic form which will be used to view and edit the Project Task.
- Save the record.
- Go to the portal to view the changes.
- User must have table permission for project and project task table.
I hope you find this helpful! 😊😊