Introduction: In this blog, we will understand how to create new records from the lookup column in PowerApps Portal.
We will understand how we can add a New option in Lookup Modal to create new records in PowerApps Portal.
Use Case: I have a webinar table and that table has a column named country which is of lookup type. when a user creates a webinar record from the PowerApps portal it should also have the capability to create a new record for the country table from the country lookup column.
Steps to be followed:
- Go to the Portal Management app.
- Open your basic form.
- Go to Basic Form Metadata
- Click on “+New Basic Form Metadata“
- Select Type as Attribute
- Select your lookup column in “Attribute Logical Name“
- Scroll down and go to Lookup Settings sections
- Go to Basic Form for Create column and click on “+New Basic Form“
- Create a new basic form that will be used to create new records from the lookup column.
- Select Table, Form.
- Mode: Insert
- Select the above basic form in “Basic Form for Create” column.
- Save the Basic Form Metadata record.
- Go to table permission and create table permission for the lookup column(related table).
- In my example, I have to create table permission for the country table.
In PowerApps Portal
I hope you find this helpful!!