Introduction: In this blog, we will understand how we can create a Shareable link of SharePoint file or folder in Power Automate.
We will understand the “Create sharing link for a file or folder” action of SharePoint in Power Automate.
Use Case: Create a new folder whenever a new account is created in Microsoft Dataverse(CDS) and create a Shareable link of that folder.
Steps to be followed:
- Search for “Create sharing link for a file or folder” action and select that.
- Enter values.
Site Address: Enter your SharePoint site address
Library Name: Select the Library
Item Id: Enter the Id of file or folder(I am passing the folder ID from the dynamic content)
Link type: Select the type of link you want to create.
- View and edit: user can view and edit the file or folder(Read and write permission)
- View only: user can only view the file. (Read-only permission)
Link Scope: Select the scope of link.
- Anyone with the link, including anonymous: anyone can access that link including people outside your organization.
- People in your organization: only your organization people can access that link.
- Add compose action and enter “Sharing Link” in the Inputs from the dynamic content
If you get Sharing by link is not enabled on the web, site, or tenant error while running the flow then follow this blog to resolve this issue. (https://vblogs.in/solvedsharing-by-link-is-not-enabled-on-the-web-site-or-tenant/)
Running the Flow: