Introduction: In this blog, we will understand how we display the values of the choices(multi-select option set) column of dataverse in the gallery of canvas app(PowerApps).
Use Case: I have a custom table named “Webinar” and the table has a “Topic” column of data type Choices(multi-select option set) and we want to display the values of the topic in the gallery of canvas app.
- If we use “ThisItem.Topic” to get its value as we use for any other column we will get the below error.
Follow the below steps to achieve this:
- Select your gallery control.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- Select Gallery and click on Vertical gallery.
- Drag your gallery and set it below the Topic column
- Basically, we have added one more gallery inside our main Gallery.
- Select your sub gallery and change its layout.
- Select Title Layout.
After changing the layout it should look like below:
- Select your Sub Gallery and set its Items property to “ThisItem.Topic“
Note: Here, Topic is my column name.
- Select Title control which is inside the sub gallery and set its Text property to ThisItem.Value
- After adding text property you can see values are visible now.
- You can Delete Separator and Next Arrow control of your sub gallery.
After making all the changes successfully, it should look like below:
I hope you find this helpful!!