With the rise of globalization, businesses are not limited to a specific region/language. In the 21st century, having a multiple language website is now a business necessity. 61 percent of global Internet users research products online (source), so your website is basically a virtual store/office for your business.
In this blog, you will learn step-by-step to add multiple languages in the PowerApps Portal.
You have to enable language in CDS Environment and as well in PowerApps Portal
Steps to Enable Language in CDS Environment:
- Select CDS environment where your portal is configured
- Go to Settings > Product > Languages.
- Select the languages
- Click on Apply
NOTE: It may take several minutes to provision the languages.
Steps to enable language in PowerApps Portal
- Go to Portal Management App 🡪 Website 🡪 Supported Language
- Click “+New Website Language”
Add Portal Language and change Published State to Published.
- Save and Close
After Adding language to the Website, you must update the Web Link set and Content of each web page.
Steps for Updating Web Link Sets
When you add language, you will notice that it has automatically created Web Link Sets for the navigation records for each of the enabled languages.
You must open each of the links and update the text as required for the specified language.
- Open the link record
- Update the Name in German and save the record
- Repeat step 1 and 2 for all the link records
- After Updating Name
Steps for Updating contents of Web Pages
Navigate to Web Pages
In web page, you will see Localized Content for each of the language enabled.
- Open Localized Content Record
- Update the content of web page to the specified language
After Updating Content in German
Tip: Update the text in HTML (it is easier and more convenient to update the text in HTML)
After Changing content on all the webpages your portal will be multi-language compatible.
- Changing Language to German
- Updates the text of navigation
- Updates content of a page
Changing Language to Hindi