This blog explains how to use Expand Query (N:1 Relationship) in the Common Data Service(Current Environment) List Records Connector.
Use Case: In my example, I am retrieving details of the Project entity which is related to the Location entity.
Steps to be followed:
- Add List Records Action.
Expand Query: vv_Project($select=vv_name,vv_projectabbreviation)
Explanation: Here vv_Project is the Schema Name of Project Lookup field on location entity.
Pass the field names of the project entity that you want. Here I have passed vv_name and vv_projectabbreviation.
- Result of list record.
You can see we got Project values in the output of list records.
- Retrieving Project Values.
- Use “Apply to each” to get the value of the Project.
- Pass “Value” of “List Records” from Dynamic Content in “Select an output from previous steps”
- Add Compose Action inside Apply to each.
- Enter “Project Name” in “Compose” from Dynamic Content.
similarly you can get Project Abbreviation value.
NOTE: You can add multiple entities in expand query