Introduction: In this blog, we will understand how to enable Rich Text control on basic forms in PowerApps Portal.
Use Case: Let’s say we want to enable rich text control for the description column of the incident table.
Steps to be followed:
- Open the form which you are using to create incident record in PowerApps Portal.
- Select the column and click on “+Component”
- Select “Rich Text Editor Control”
- Save and Publish your customizations.
- Go to “Portal Management App”
- Go to Basic forms, select and open your form.
- Go to Related –> Basic Form Metadata
- Click on “+New Basic Form Metadata” to create new record.
- Enter below details:
Attribute Logical Name: description (select the column name from drop-down)
Control Style: Code Component
- Save and Close the record.
- Go to Portal to see the changes.
Record in Dataverse:
- If you are using a separate form to view and edit the record in PowerApps Portal, you need to add a code component to those forms as well otherwise, the user will see HTML like the one below.(follow the above steps on those forms as well)
2. The rich text editor control can be used with single or multi-line text columns.