Introduction: In this blog, we will understand how we can send emails from D365 CE(CRM).
This blog covers:
- How to purchase and assign Office 365 E3 license to the user. (license with exchange service)
- How to configure the mailbox of the user.
- Send Email messages from D365 CE(CRM)
Steps to be followed:
Purchase License which has Exchange service
- The user must have an appropriate license to use Exchange services.
- If you are working on presales or demo you can purchase trial services.
Follow the below steps to purchase trial services
- Go to the Admin center. (https://admin.microsoft.com/)
- Go to Billing –> Purchase services.
- Search for “Office 365” select “Office 365 E3” and click on Details.
- Click on Start Free trial.
- It will redirect you to the verification page, enter your mobile number and click on Text me it will send you an OTP on that number.
- After entering OTP click on Start your free trial.
- It will redirect you to the Check out page click on Try now.
- Click on Continue.
After creating a trial account you must assign that license to your users.
Assign License to Users
- Go to Users –> Active users
- Select the user –> click on More actions(⁝) –> click on Manage product licenses
- Select Office 365 E3 and click on Save changes.
After assigning the license we have to configure the mailbox of the user.
Configuring the Mailbox
- Go to Power Platform Admin Center(https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments)
- Select your environment
- Click on Settings
- Expand Email and click on Mailboxes.
- Open the Mailbox of the user.
- Click on Approve Email
- Click on Test & Enable Mailbox
- After Configuring Successfully, you can see Status as Success for Incoming and Outgoing Email.
NOTE: if you get an UnknownIncomingEmailIntegrationError error try the above steps after few minutes your error will be resolved automatically.
After configuring the mailbox successfully user will get the below email.
- Now User can send email messages from D365 CE.
- Create and send test email message.
- Recipients of the email will get the email message.
- If you don’t configure the mailbox of the user and send email messages from D365 CE then that email will not be sent it will be in “Pending Send” status.
I hope you find this helpful !! 😊😊😊