This blog explains how to resolve “A type named ‘SP.Data.ListItem’ could not be resolved by the model. When a model is available, each type name must resolve to a valid type.” error while creating an item in SharePoint List using Power Automate.
Follow below steps to resolve this issue:
- Select “Send an HTTP request to SharePoint” from Actions.
Using this action we will retrieve the full name of SharePoint List.
- Enter below details:
Site Address: Select the site address from the list. (or you can add from Dynamic content)
Uri: _api/lists/getbytitle(‘Display Name of List’)?$select=ListItemEntityTypeFullName
Example: _api/lists/getbytitle(‘Tender Management’)?$select=ListItemEntityTypeFullName
|Accept : application/json;odata=verbose|
|Content-Type : application/json;odata=verbose|
- Now store the full name of the list in compose action.
- Create SharePoint List Item using HTTP request.
- in Uri enter the display name of the list as it is.
- in the body pass the list name which we retrieved from the above request.